Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Safeway Scores

Wow!  I finally feel like I have a handle on the Rite Aid coupons so I went to Safeway for some awesome deals they had ending (today!) 9/21/10.  This is what I got:
Transaction #1:
(4) 3-pack Pop Secret popcorn
(12) Campbell's Chunky Soups
(1) Campbell's Healthy Request Soup
(3) pouches of Bumblebee Light Tuna
Regular price - $42.00
Price after this week's Safeway specials - $27.18
Less coupons - $15.65
Paid:  $11.53 (Total savings from regular price 73%)
Plus I got 100 Labels for Education bonus points that I will give to Syd's school
With coupons, I got the (4) packages of popcorn for $0.74 each, I got the Healthy Request soup free, and I got the three pouches of tuna for free.  The catch with the popcorn was that I had to have a $10 purchase, so I purchased the 12 soups to use as the filler.
Transaction #2:
(10) Campbell's Condensed Soups (the smaller cans)
Regular price - $17.58
Price after this week's Safeway specials - $13.17
Less coupons - $7.00
Paid:  $6.17 (Total savings from regular price 65%)
Plus I got 100 Labels for Education bonus points that I will give to Syd's school
I messed up on this one as I thought that the Cream of Chicken soups were also $1 each, but they were $1.39.  So if I would have chosen a different kind, I would have saved another $1.17.  :)
Then during 5 separate transactions I used the Kraft "Buy 5 items and get $5 back instantly" and got the following:

(5) assorted bags of Kraft shredded cheese
(5) boxes of Nabisco 100 Calorie Snack Packs
(5) packages of Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat
(5) small canisters of Maxwell House coffee
(5) assorted Kraft salad dressings

So I paid $23 for $100 worth of Kraft items.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment