I'm Tria, mother of three (Sydney - 9, Jaeden - 5, and Ryan - almost 2), husband of one (Jason), and owner of two dogs (Simba and Marley - both German Shepherd/Labs). I work full-time as the Executive Assistant to the President at a community college. I have my BS in Marketing but haven't figured out what that really means yet. Sydney is a competitive gymnast (Level 4, her second season is starting up) and in the 4th grade, Jaeden just started soccer, and Ryan is my greatest challenge (aka "gift to myself" according to my mother). We live in the tiny town in which I grew up and swore I would never return. (Funny how those things work out, huh?)
I can remember when I was little I said that I wanted to be an author. For the moment, this is my fulfilling that dream. In addition to writing being therapeutic, I look forward to chronicling my days of mommyhood and the lives of my children. And not that I have anything against stay-at-home moms...I'm just partial to the working mommas out there and this blog will be working-momma focused.
I do have silly questions, like: How do I get followers? Do I post the same stuff on here as on Facebook? Who am I writing to if I have no followers? Do I shamelessly tell my friends about it so that they can be my followers? Ah, well I guess time will tell...
To attempt to answer your "silly questions" - get followers by following other bloggers and asking them to follow you (like me - I'll follow you if you'll follow me); by shamelessly plugging your blog when you post anything to FB; by including a link to your blog on your FB page; by telling all your fam & friends who aren't on FB about your blog and asking them to subscribe; by giving them an email subscription option by joining Feedburner (free); and by writing interesting stuff that people will want to read and comment on. Give teasers of your new blog posts on FB rather than posting in both places.
ReplyDelete