Saturday, September 18, 2010

Jaeden Turns 5!

Happy Birthday to Jaeden!

We celebrated Jaeden's 5th birthday three times, actually.  He had a joint birthday party/family gathering with Grant, my 2-year-old cousin who was visiting from Texas (with his parents and older brother Ethan, of course), a birthday party at home with the Crazystraedens, and a little party at my parent's house. 

As I look back on Jaeden's babyhood, I find that my memory is not as good as it used to be (one reason for starting the blog).  His infancy seems to be a blur - I'm not sure if that's because I was single-momming it from the time he was 6 months old until he was one-and-a-half or what.  But I'm a little disappointed in myself that I don't remember all of his milestones and that year of his life that was pretty stressful as we lived about 5 hours away from Jason as he was getting "retired" from the Coast Guard.

When I look at Jaeden today, he's an adorable little guy who's sporting a mohawk, loves to play soccer, knows the words to songs on the radio, loves dinosaurs, jumping on the trampoline, climbing the rope outside of our house, and going to the park.  He will bust out the most adorable giggle when he and his sister are being silly or when he sees something funny on TV.  He's shy until you get to know him; then he will talk your ear off ("like a BB in a boxcar," as my dad would say).  He LOVES his sister and follows her around a little more than she would probably like.  He is starting to really play with Ryan and I can tell that they are going to be the best of friends.  He's such a fun kid to be around, and I'm grateful to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment