Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shake Your Zumba Down

I've been taking a Zumba class at the gym and I love it.  I've probably gone 6 or 7 times and am thinking about getting certified so I can teach.  It's so funny because everyone I talk to says, "Wow, I didn't know I was going to sweat this much!"  Ah, it's true; you work up quite a sweat.  When I tell people that Zumba is like Latin Jazzercise, they don't think it will be that much of a workout and then are surprised at how tired they are after the class!  It's a lot of repetition; there are probably only 4-5 combinations/steps in each routine and it's great for people of all ages and fitness levels because you can customize each routine to your own ability.

Here is a video for those of you who are curious:
Zumba - Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas

So I'm not sure if I'm going to get certified or not, but I think it would be fun to teach and maybe even add another class during the week for the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment