Thursday, September 9, 2010

Question/Rant of the Day

I actually had this conversation at dinner with my mother tonight...

I am so tired of hearing that we Generation Y'ers are lazy and don't know how to put in a full day's work and that all we want to do is play, blah blah blah.  Put me next to any Baby Boomer/Generation X'er and I bet I can get the job done in half the time (using this thing we youngsters like to call 'technology'), better quality, and still have time to play.   I've grown up in the Internet age of Facebook, iPhones, and texting.  We Generation Y'ers may be a little ADHD, but we know how to multi-task, work hard, and play harder.  And forgive us if we value spending time with our children.  Maybe if the Baby Boomers (and even Generation X) had spent more "quality" time with their kids the world wouldn't be what it is today.  Whatcha think about that?

1 comment:

  1. I think you have some valid points. There are a few of us Boomer geezers out there, however, who also use technology very efficiently and (you're right about this) regret not spending more time with their kids back in the day. You are wise and a very good mom to spend that quality time now. They'll never remember if the house was perfectly clean, but they will always remember time with Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete