Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nurses Make a Difference


I may be crazy, but I am thinking about going back to school to get my nursing degree.  I do love my current job, but there are no opportunities for advancement.  Unless I want to move, there are no administrative/office positions opening up in the Gorge making the kind of money I could make as a nurse.

I mean, I work at the college and we have a nursing program.  For the past two and a half years I've talked about how we provide "family-wage jobs" for our students.  Wouldn't I be crazy NOT to take advantage of that? 

It's not just about the money, though.  I like helping people, I like being challenged, and I like doing something new every day and being on my feet.  My ultimate goal would be to get my Masters in the next 5-10 years and then get into hospital admin.  I hope to start taking classes next quarter and then apply for the Fall 2012 nursing cohort.  Right now it's just an idea...but it's one that I'm 90% serious about.  I've already filed my FAFSA and figured out what classes I need to take.  We'll see what happens...

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an awesome idea! I could totally see you as a nurse...or perhaps a doc one day! Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meagan! As long as I can continue working full-time (at least for a little while) I'm going to start taking a couple of classes every quarter. :)

    ReplyDelete